Several members have expressed an interest in benefitting the host community of the TIAK Annual Tourism Conference each year.
For 2020, the Liberal CVB has chosen the Liberal Area Rape Crisis and Domestic Violence Services (LARC DVS) as the recipient of this new Tourism Cares Project.
LARC DVS serves Grant, Haskell, Morton, Seward, Stanton, and Stevens counties with offices in Liberal, Elkhart, Hugoton, Satanta, and Ulysses. They currently employ 11 advocates, an intake specialist, and an executive director. All services are provided free and confidential to anyone in need. In 2019, they provided services to 544 unduplicated individuals (with 431 of those being new individuals) and sheltered 48.
Donated items are either used by those in the shelter or provided to clients as they begin new lives. If you would like to participate in this giving opportunity, below is a list of requested items:
- Towels: bath, hand & washcloth
- Bed Sheets, blankets & comforters, pillows: Twin & Full
- Personal toiletries: Shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, soap, disposal razors, deodorant, tampons & pads, toothpaste & toothbrushes
- Household: Laundry soap, fabric softener, bleach, household cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, antibacterial wipes, hand sanitizer, paper towels, toilet tissue, glass cleaner, etc.
- Food Items: all non-perishable
Please bring your donations to the annual conference for LARC DVS to collect. To learn more about the organization, visit larcdvs.com.