Meeting Professionals International (MPI) issued a statement that conveys which initiatives it took in 2020 to keep professionals connected to their industry and prepare for the comeback of meetings and events. Despite the challenges meeting professionals have faced this year, below are some achievements which illustrate their continued dedication and excitement for what is coming ahead:
- The MPI Foundation will distribute over $700,000 this year across more than 2,200 scholarships for education, certification and membership—plus grants to MPI chapters.
- Nearly 11,000 meeting professionals joined MPI’s 12-hour-long live virtual broadcast for Global Meetings Industry Day—more than 20 times as many attendees as in 2019.
- The MPI Academy produced 80+ webinars for almost 36,000 registrants and held 53 certificate courses with 1,300+ participants.
- COVID resources were curated to provide up-to-date information and educational materials on our Trusted Resources page
- In November, MPI’s hybrid World Education Congress (WEC) Grapevine recharged more than 1,700 meeting professionals in-person and online, including a 100% live digital experience
To see other initiatives MPI is taking for meeting professionals, click here.