eXplore Lawrence, along with the Lawrence Chamber, Downtown Lawrence Inc., and the Lawrence Restaurant Association, invites local businesses, organizations, and residents to take the Lawrence Promise. The Lawrence Promise is a commitment to keeping residents, employees, and visitors safe from COVID-19.
Lawrence businesses and organizations that sign the Lawrence Promise are committing to following all federal, state, and local public health mandates including:
- Creating transmission barriers
- Implementing enhanced sanitation procedures
- Promoting health screening measures for employees and volunteers
- Following industry-specific best practices related to COVID-19
Businesses and organizations who sign the Promise will be provided access to a toolkit with resources, tools, and tips to help fulfill their promise. They will also be provided the Lawrence Promise Seal of Approval to display. When people see the Seal of Approval, they can rest-assured that practices are in place to protect them and their loved ones.
Since keeping the community healthy and safe is a shared responsibility, there is a Lawrence Promise for individuals as well. Individuals who sign are committed to following the CDC’s recommendations of:
- Cleaning their hands often
- Avoiding close contact with others
- Covering their mouth and nose when around others
- Staying home when sick
- Covering coughs and sneezes