- Legislative Service Aide
Director’s Assistant/Data Entry – Position centers around the legislative session. Duties include heavy data entry, capitol runs, and tasks as assigned. Applicants should be committed, flexible, and have good typing skills. Knowledge of basic legislative process is helpful. The position is full-time with an attractive benefit package. Send resume to: Missouri Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 149, Jefferson City, MO 65102 or [email protected].
- Safety and Membership Services Position
Missouri Trucking Association seeks an individual to join its team in Jefferson City, MO. This person is responsible for developing, coordinating and leading the various services and activities for safety and membership sponsored by the Association for the trucking industry in Missouri. Knowledge in safety, enforcement & regulatory issues is strongly preferred. This is a position of high visibility in the trucking industry and requires the ability to present information in a classroom setting as well as the ability to communicate effectively through multiple mediums. The work environment requires an individual to work in an efficient, expeditious and accurate manner to solve members’ problems, while handling multiple projects. Some travel required. Starting date, salary, and title is subject to negotiation depending on the skill set of the applicant.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume by September 15th to:
Missouri Trucking Association
ATTN: Human Resources Dept
PO Box 1247
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Email submissions should be sent to [email protected]
- Executive Director
The Missouri State Teachers Association is seeking a recognized leader in education to guide the association into the next chapter of its 155-year history. A 501(c)(6) nonprofit corporation, MSTA is an all-inclusive membership organization serving all school-related personnel.An independent association, MSTA is the largest teachers’ organization in the state and represents over 42,000 educators and school personnel in approximately 425 local units and 12 regions. MSTA is governed by a 21-member board of directors. Directors are elected by regions. The association employs 54 full and part-time staff. Offices are located in Columbia and Jefferson City with home offices around the state. Additional information about programs and staffing can be found at www.msta.org.The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and oversees all operations, programs, staff and activities of the association within budgeted guidelines. Key Responsibilities require a substantial time out of the MSTA offices with majority of travel occurring in the state.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Planning and operation of annual budget
- Establishing the organizational structure of the association and the related staffing; hiring and firing all staff except for the Deputy Executive Director
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all association functions and for the day-to-day operation of the business.
- Serving as the primary spokesperson to MSTA members, the education community, the media and the general public.
- Working with the staff and volunteers to implement the Association’s education policy as directed by resolutions.
- Managing an effective membership services programIdeal candidates should be dedicated to maintaining the grassroots focus of the association while embracing the association philosophy of focusing on students and the betterment of education. Candidates will bring a variety of experiences and attributes to MSTA, including:
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, with a willingness to embrace new technologies
- Experience managing people
- Ability to manage through change
- Ability to create a vision and lead through implementation
- Willingness to meet with members, building relationships and be visible leader of association
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years senior level management experience in a nonprofit preferred
- Background in Education preferred
- Availability to relocate to Columbia, MO area
- Strategic planning and implementationSalary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.To apply, submit a resume, a cover letter detailing your qualifications, and salary requirements to: Missouri State Teachers Association, Attn: Gail McCray, P.O. Box 458, Columbia, MO 65205 or [email protected]. For additional information about the position, go to: http://www.msta.org/files/ExecDirector.pdf. Resumes will be accepted through October 7, 2011.
Missouri State Teachers Association is an equal opportunity employer.
- Sales Manager
Join the most remarkable hotel team in Springfield! The Ramada Oasis Hotel & Convention Center has an immediate opening for a highly motivated, innovative and aggressive Sales Manager. In an industry where relationships are key, candidate will spend majority of time in face to face meetings. Candidates must have experience and proven success in account development. Benefits include group insurance, 401(k), vacation, holiday and tuition reimbursement. Salary is based on experience with an incentive program available.
Please submit resume to [email protected] or 2546 North Glenstone, Springfield, MO 65803.
- Communications and multi-media specialist
The Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry seeks an individual to join its team. The position would support the public relations arm of the one of the state’s largest business associations. Individual must possess strong writing, editing, and multi-media skills and possess an interest in the state legislative and political process. Responsibilities include writing articles for various association publications including the Missouri Business magazine and electronic publications and website. The position also involves videotaping, scripting and production. This individual also will be responsible for producing legislative support materials, website development, and marketing support for various departments of the Missouri Chamber. Positioning the Missouri Chamber on social media outlets such as YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook is another important facet of the position. The work environment is fast-paced and the individual must be able to effectively handle multiple projects at one time. The position is full-time with an attractive benefit package.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and writing samples to:
Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry
P.O. Box 149
Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Director of Sales
The Elms Resort and Spa is a historic property located in Kansas City, MO metro area. The Elms is currently seeking a highly motivated and energetic Sales Professional to join our Executive Team as our Director of Sales. The selected individual will be responsible for developing the Sales Team, communicating with our hotel department members, developing action plans to increase the sales and catering pace, and maintain sales activity database. This important position must be able to direct a sales team while achieving their own sales and solicitation goals.Ideal candidate must have a proven hospitality sales background with healthy client relationships. Must have sales experience in hotels of similar size and quality. Must be able to drive revenue, direct the sales efforts of the hotel, make outside sales calls, obtain new and manage existing key business accounts, conduct site visits and develop a team.
* Minimum of 5 years hotel sales experience required.
All info can be found at http://www.hcareers.com/seeker/search/view?jobAdId=765C3CD917063BD6