Brown Bag Luncheon Lecture at Washington University Brown School
- When: April 29, 2019, 12 – 1 pm
- Where: Washington University Brown School of Social Work, Brown Lounge, Danforth Campus.
- Speaker: Deanna McPherson, MPH, MSW, LCSW
- Topic: Child welfare and human trafficking
- See attached flyer; Free event, but RSVP to receive instructions for parking, http://bit.ly/rsvp-bb or contact the organizer
- Sponsors: WU Brown School for Innovation in Child Maltreatment Policy, Research and Training; Saint Louis University
- Contact: email@example.com
Innovations in Gender-Based Violence Prevention at Washington University Institute for Public Health
- When: April 30, 2019, 1-4 pm
- Where: Washington University Institute for Public Health, 600 S. Taylor Ave. Medical Campus. Doll & Hill Room.
- Speakers: Vetta Sanders Thomson, PhD; Dartington Service Design Lab
- Topics: Intersection of mental health, trauma, marginalization and risk of gender-based violence; Reduce coercive relationships among young people
- Reception and poster session will follow
- See attached flyer; Free but RSVP at https://publichealth.wustl.
edu/events/relationship-and- sexual-violence-assessment- initiative-spring-convening/
- Sponsor: WU Relationship and Sexual Violence-Assessment Initiative
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dreams Die Hard – A Short Video Screening and Panel Discussion
- When: April 30, 2019, starts at 6:30 pm
- Where: St. Margaret of Scotland School, 3964 Castleman Ave. St. Louis 63110
- Topics: Short videos on trafficking and sharing of survivors’ stories in the US; Panel members will discuss efforts to combat human trafficking in St. Louis and how to advocate on behalf of victims
- See attached flyer
- Sponsors: Twelve anti-trafficking community organizations
- Contact: email@example.com
Coalition Against Trafficking and Exploitation, What Would It Take? Conference
- When: May 2, 2019, 8:30-4:30 pm
- Where: Moulin Events and Meetings, 2017 Chouteau Ave. St. Louis 63103
- Presenters include Healing Action, Alive & Well, Behavioral Health Response and MO-HOPE Project
- Sponsor: MO Coalition against Trafficking and Exploitation
- See attached flyer; Cost: $25.00, including lunch. RSVP: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/
- The conference is followed by Healing Action’s Celebration of Hope, 5-7 pm; admission ticket $0 to 15.00; RSVP https://www.eventbrite.com/e/
2nd-annual-celebration-of- hope-hosted-by-healing-action- tickets-60019607261
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Multidisciplinary Team Response to Child Sex Trafficking (MDT to CST) Training and Technical Assistance
- When: July 22-July 25, 2019
- Where: St. Louis location
- Description: This 3.5 day team-based training will guide existing multi-disciplinary teams to improve their response to child sex trafficking (CST). Subject matter experts will work with teams to identify gaps and develop short and long-term response plans.
- Prerequisite: a working knowledge of child sex trafficking
- See attached flyer; Free but must register by May 27, 2019
- Sponsor: National Criminal Justice Training Center
- Contact: Vicki O’Brien email@example.com
Saint Louis World Day Against Trafficking Forum
- When: July 27, 2029, 10 am to 2 pm
- Where: International Institute of St. Louis, 3401 Arsenal St. St. Louis MO 63118
- Description: A half-day forum will be held in honor of the 2019 United Nationals World Day Against Trafficking in Persons. Speakers will describe the UN’s Sustainable Development Goal 8.7, plight of refugees facing gender-based violence and trafficking, and the magnitude of global and St. Louis human trafficking. The forum will be joined by Missouri state legislators. Service provider tables provided.
- See attached flyer; Cost $10 for lunch; RSVP forthcoming
- Sponsors: Human Trafficking Collaborative Network; United Nations Association of the United States of America, St. Louis; National Council of Jewish Women, St. Louis; plus partners.
- Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org