MULTI-SESSION TICKET PACKAGES FOR 2016 U.S. OLYMPIC TEAM TRIALS – MEN’S GYMNASTICS AND P&G GYMNASTICS CHAMPIONSHIPS FOR WOMEN ARE ON SALE NOW
Multi-session ticket packages for the 2016 U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Men’s Gymnastics and P&G Gymnastics Championships for women’s and junior men’s gymnastics are on sale now. Scheduled for June 23-26, both events will be held at Saint Louis University’s Chaifetz Arena, which hosted the 2012 men’s and women’s national championships.
The various ticket packages currently available are listed below. Pricing varies based on seat location.
- Men’s Olympic Trials – June 23 and 25: 7 p.m. on both days; tickets range in price from $55-$105 (plus applicable fees).
- Women’s Day 1 – June 24: 1 p.m. (juniors) and 7:30 p.m. (seniors); tickets range in price from $75-$125 (plus applicable fees).
- Women’s final day – June 26: 1 p.m. (juniors) and 7:30 p.m. (seniors); tickets range in price from $90-$140 (plus applicable fees).
- Senior men’s and women’s finals – June 25 and 26: June 25 at 7 p.m. for men’s Olympic Trials andJune 26 at 7:30 p.m. for women’s P&G Championships; tickets range from $85-$135 (plus applicable fees).
- All-session tickets – all eight competition sessions: tickets range in price from $150-$495 (plus applicable fees). The platinum package ($495 plus fees) comes with a reserved seat in the first three rows, pre-event hospitality, an Olympian meet-and-greet, a special USA Gymnastics gift, and an Olympian Chalk Talk. The gold package ($395 plus fees) features a special USA Gymnastics gift and an Olympian Chalk Talk.
Tickets may be purchased at Ticketmaster.com, by phone at 800-745-3000, Ticketmaster outlets, and at the Chaifetz Arena Box Office. For more information, go to stlouis2016.com.
The June 23-26 competition schedule is listed below; all times are in the Central time zone and subject to change. The final session for the men’s Olympic Trials has been moved to 7 p.m. on June 25, with the junior men’s national championships session moving to 1 p.m.
U.S. Olympic Trials – Men’s Gymnastics
Thursday, June 23: 7 p.m.
Saturday, June 25: 7 p.m.
P&G Gymnastics Championships
Thursday, June 23: junior men – 1 p.m.
Friday, June 24: junior women – 1 p.m. and senior women – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, June 25: junior men – 1 p.m.
Sunday, June 26: junior women – 1 p.m. and senior women – 7:30 p.m.
The U.S. Olympic Men’s Gymnastics Team will be announced on June 25 in St. Louis per the approved selection procedures and pending approval of the United States Olympic Committee. The P&G Championships will determine the women who will compete in the women’s trials, as well as the national champions and national teams for junior and senior women and junior men. Both days of competition count equally for each of the events.
The St. Louis Sports Commission is the local host for both events.
The trials and nationals for men’s and women’s gymnastics are being held separately to accommodate the differences in scheduling needed to properly identify and prepare athletes for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The P&G Gymnastics Championships for the senior men will be staged June 3-5 at the XL Center in Hartford, Conn., and will determine the men who will compete at the men’s Olympic Trials. The women’s Secret U.S. Classic will be held in conjunction with the men’s P&G Championships. The last time the men’s and women’s national championships were held at different times and locations was in 2008. The U.S. Olympic Trials – Women’s Gymnastics is set for July 8 & 10 at SAP Center at San Jose (Calif.). The last time the men’s and women’s trials were held separately was in 1976.
The U.S. Olympic Team Trials for all sports are a collaborative undertaking between the U.S. Olympic Committee, the national governing bodies and the local organizing committees.